The Investor Visa is our preferred Costa Rica residency visa.
It has some advantages over the rentista program, namely a potential in reduction of payments into the “Caja” social security system.
So for the investor visa, currently two different programs exist:
Minimum investment of USD$150,000: The investment can be made with the purchase of real estate, business, or moveable assets. The real estate must be registered in the name of the applicant. The investor will also have additional tax benefits granted by this new law (passed last year) and can import two vehicles (cars, planes, boats) tax free to Costa Rica and also import the investors furnishings and fixtures tax free.
1- Apostilled birth certificate of the applicant and family members, if applicable.
2- Apostilled FBI criminal record report or issued by the applicants country of birth
3- Apostilled marriage certificate (if the applicant is married and filing along with the spouse)
4- Full copies of the applicants passports (we will get these in our office when visiting Costa Rica as a valid tourist stamp must be present on the applicant’s passport to file the residency request).
Processing time is around 6 months, and we’ll be working with you every step of the way. You can spend time in Costa Rica while your application is being processed, or you can leave. Up to you.
- Tax Obligations? Costa Rica is a territorial tax system, so any money you earn outside of Costa Rica is not reported nor taxed.
- Physical presence requirements? Minimal
- All government fees
- All legal fees
- Ongoing support until you get your documents
- Order your Costa Rica investor visa now
- Remember – prices and requirements never go down, so if you want something, you better get it now.