The best way to get residency in Venezuela is with a real estate investment.
Venezuela residency permits will be granted to people or representatives of companies who have established contacts (demonstrated through reliable documents) and whose investment has been accepted by the corresponding official Venezuelan organizations.
In Spanish the visa is referred to as the ‘TRANSEÚNTE INVERSIONISTA (TR-I)’. This is not to be confused with the TR-N visa, which only has 1 year duration. The best Venezuela visa for investors is undoubtedly the TR-I.
Table of Contents
Required Documents for the Venezuela Investor Visa
To apply for the Transient Investor Visa, the following information must be submitted to the Consulate General:
- Visa application form (provided by the Consular Office) duly completed.
- Original passport with a minimum validity of six (6) months.
- Descriptive letter and supporting documents of the investment made in Venezuela
- Two (2) recent photos (front, color and passport size).
- General Medical or Health Certificate (apostilled, legalized or countersigned).
- Criminal Record Certificate (apostilled, legalized or countersigned). of the country of origin or where you have resided for the last five (5) years
Once the requirements have been verified, the applicant must pay €60 euros (if applying in Europe) or $60 USD as an application fee for “Consular Rights” at the consular office
What Type of Visa Will I Receive?
The Investor’s Visa will get you a temporary residence permit with 3 years of validity. You will be granted a visa duration of three (3) years, allowing multiple entries, without a limit of permanence.
Once the 3 years have expired, you will be able to renew your visa. You can request an extension of up to two (2) years. After 5 years of temporary residence you will be able to request permanent resident status. The application for permanent residence will require meeting certain requirements established by the Interior Justice and Peace Ministry.
Can My Family Join Me in Venezuela under the Investor Visa Program?
What is the Minimum Investment Size?
Do I Need to Invest in Real Estate?
Can Foreigners Own Real Estate in Venezuela?
Do I Make the Investment Before or After Receiving the Visa?
What are the Best Real Estate Markets in Venezuela?
Can I get an Investor Visa if I’m Already in Venezuela?
Skip the guesswork and develop your ideal Latin Life Plan with our consultation services: